Reed valve modules held stationary between valve seat and carrier
- Stationary modules. No impact or wear on valve seat and carrier. Eliminates machining of valve seat and carrier. Never replace valve seat or carrier. Reduces fatigue loading on valve seat and minimizes valve noise
- Plastic components do not move and are not subject to bending tensile stresses.
- Petal/reed modules. Eliminates helical coil springs, the number one cause of failure in valves.
- Lowest moving mass results in highest natural frequency. High separation from pulsation and vibration excitation forces practically eliminates failure due to them.
- Straight through flow path makes valve self cleaning. High tolerance to solids and liquids in gas path.
- All bolts are captured by valve chair/cage/retainer. API 618. No central bolt/ nut/ hanging guard to break off and enter cylinder.
- All wear contained in modules. Replace modules to refurbish valves. No machining to weaken valve and reduce its factor of safety.
- Multiple modules. In the event of failure, it is gradual and valves with several modules can continue to operate with failed some failed modules unlike a plate valve where failure requires an immediate change of valves.